Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Tuesday May 28th..

Because her fluid drainage had significantly decreased in the days before, the dr's had decided Lily could start a low fat diet.  The low fat diet will challenge her body to see if she starts producing more drainage or not.  Once rounds were over I asked her if she wanted some milk or juice, she opted for some skim milk.  Immediately after she happily asks "I have food now?" I was happy to finally say yes.  She was such a patient little girl going without for 3 days and not complaining! (wish I could do the same, then I might loose this baby weight!)

I absolutely love the look on her face in this picture!!! It's like she's saying I'm free!!! And get to play! 

We went to the beach twice and she walked the whole way there! Doing all that walking was a big accomplishment for her! At some points she was speed walking and I had to tell her to slow down so the IV pole and I could keep up! (plus she's still a little unsteady on her feet)  She played in the water station, made a craft, drove the car, played kitchen, and played with a tool set.  In the afternoon there was a one man band that came to perform ( kind of like the guy from Mary Poppins) She sat through one song because I made her, and then was inching off her chair.  I can't blame her, this is her short opportunity for play time without being nagged by nurses and doctors, a time to forget she's stuck in the hospital!  She did not want to leave and was trying to negotiate with me so she could stay a bit longer.. How could I say no??? But she was getting so tired so I scooped her up and walked her back to her room so she could have a well earned rest.


Lily put some pixie dust on her bird so it could fly! haha 



She watched a few movies throughout the day and played some games.  She didn't really eat much, which I can't blame her I wouldn't feel up to it if I had been through what she had been!

Hannah came by for a few visits, which I think is one of the biggest highlight of her day.  She is so sweet with her!!! She loves that baby so much and tells her over and over again.  


We sure miss our daddy up here this week and can't wait to see him friday night!!  I know Lily will be soo excited to see him!

1 comment:

Westonhome said...

We love your posts to keep us updated. I have been trying to respond to them but it doesn't work from the Ipad. We sure can't wait for Lily to come home and are praying for her to recover quickly. We love you guys!