Sunday, May 26, 2013

Improvement!

Today was a good day!  Yesterday Lily came off of morphine and so she had a few smiles and laughs, but today was awesome! she had tons of smiles all day long! (except of course when dr's came in or nurses had to flush her IV lines.  I give her all her medicines which isn't too much of a problem (she won't let the nurses) she doesn't put up much of a fight with me because I tell her it's either me or the nurse.. Today she had some sparkle back in her smile, which I had missed!

That smile melts my heart!



Our day today consisted mostly of playing together! Well, we all took turns.. We each had some one on one time throughout the day and took turns going to church.  Justin and I went with Hannah while my mom stayed with Lily.  Today she liked playing with Bubbles that one of the nurses gave her, Mr potato head, puzzles and a new fishing game with princess jewels.


So here's an awesome mom moment (not)... I went to the toy room to find something for her to play with and saw a box of play food and tea cups etc.. I thought AWESOME! she LOVES to play kitchen at home she will love this! So I brought it to her and of course she did love it... but as I'm taking the food out I'm like what am I thinking!!!!! She isn't even allowed to eat food and hasn't for 2 days now and I'm putting a bunch of plastic food in front of her!! she grabbed it and started to pretend eat it, except she put it right in her mouth and was bitting it! I had to remind her it's just pretend.   When she was done playing I put it all away including the basket she had put 3 pancakes into, when she saw they were gone she said "Hey!! give me back my food!" and insisted on keeping those pancakes by her side for hours! haha poor girl.   Miraculously she hasn't even asked for food or said she was hungry in 2 days (except 5 min ago after I brushed her teeth she asked for soup and I said"I'm sorry you aren't allowed to have anything to eat" and she says "that's okay" she amazes me.


We got her up and moving a couple times today.  It was like watching her take her first steps all over again.  Shaky and holding on to us for help, I would point to a foot and tell her to move that one and she would walk back and forth between Justin and I.  She only walked about 3 feet back and forth about 6 or 7 times, then I would tell her to bend her knees a couple times.  She had had it after that and was starting to cry and whine so we put her back in bed.  Tomorrow I'm going to have her do it at least 3 times and hopefully we can take another trip to "the beach" to play.

So today her JP tubes have drained significantly less fluid!!!! This is fantastic news!  Yesterday one tube drained 400mls and today it only drained 40!! This is fluid that is collecting around her lungs.  Hopefully it's just a few more days before they can pull the tubes out!! This is what we have been praying for!  Yesterday after I had gone home from the hospital I was just thinking about her drainage and the whole process of getting rid of chylothorax and I just felt like I needed to have more faith.  Don't get me wrong, I have faith but I felt like I wasn't having 100% faith.  I thought to myself I KNOW that she is going to  improve and she's going to do it fast, I don't need to have any doubt about it.  I felt like something clicked in me like I was taking action! haha When I got to the hospital I was talking about it with Justin, he told me he had thought the exact same thing.  It was so great to see that faith take action today!
               I need to post a picture of Hannah! She is 5 months old already and getting so big!

Some cute things Lily said today... "sometimes I don't like Dr's"  "fey you mom, fey you so much!" (lily thanking me for putting a blanket on her) she is so quick to thank everyone for everything and tell you how much she loves you over and over!  Tonight in her prayers she said she was gratefull for nu-nu(her bunny) Dr's, her flowers, her toys, her big bed (we switched her out of the hospital crib) her home, her happy meal toy her aunt rachel gave her haha it was so cute.  I love that after all she has been through she is giving thanks for the Dr's.  Goodnight.

1 comment:

houseofhud said...

I have been reading all your updates on my ipad and trying to comment but I don't think they show up. I just love that girl so dang much! I can't wait for her to come home so I can see her. She still looks so happy despite all that she has gone through. When we skyped her the day after her surgery I asked her if she had an owie and she said no. Then she said she had an owie at home once and mommy kissed it all better. That girl amazes me! Sending hugs and kisses your way!