Friday, June 7, 2013

The doctors all love my shoes!

So yesterday my mom left :( She was out here helping me for 3 weeks!! I would joke that she was Hannah's new mom because I was never around.  She needed to get back for my two sisters who are having babies very soon!!  I'm so grateful for her help, and making it possible to never leave Lily alone in the hospital!  Justin's mom is up helping us again! Thank goodness for moms right!!?  So now Hannah has another new mom! haha


Poor Hannah has either a cold or she's teething, she woke up with a fever thursday morning :( Luckily I had packed some infant advil so I had something to give her.  She had quite the congested little nose :( that seemed to only last about 24 hours.  I'm sad that she isn't feeling 100% because now I only see her at night when I put her to bed and in the morning when I get her dressed.  I don't want her at the hospital just in case, so when I bring her in the morning to switch spots with grandma, she's gone for the day. :(

When Lily was sleeping yesterday Judy from child life came in and asked what size shoes Lily took.. Then hands me these cute sparkly sandals!  She said they were just donated and she had to give them to Lily because she's such a girlie girl.  When Lily woke up she said "oh I love them!" and had to put them on immediately for her walk!  As she went down the hall she had to show all the nurses and Doctors haha then tells me "mom all the Doctors love my shoes!" (She calls all medical professionals Doctors... nurses, ultrasound techs, radiology techs, social workers etc...) She also insisted on wearing them to bed that night!!


Lily was able to start eating yesterday too! She was pretty happy about that.  She mostly ate fruits and vegetables, her appetite is quite small right now.  She did still have some drainage but not a lot.  Today they have continued to let her eat even though there has been some drainage from the right side.  The left side has been stopped for days so hopefully after a few days of eating they can at least take out the left chest tube!


She continues to be very uncomfortable if meds aren't given around the clock every couple of hours.  Judy told me that older kids that have these tubes in say that they are the most painful part, and that once they come out they feel a million times better.  So it's no wonder she's still in a lot of pain :(

Lily has really gotten into doing puzzles.  She is really good at finding matching pieces, while at the beach she wanted to do a puzzle that obviously was too advanced for her (150 pieces) but we played with it anyways and she found pieces that fit together and we spent 30 minutes working on it and had fun until the beach closed!  I'm going to need to stock up on a few puzzles for her!

No comments: